19 May 2011

MELTED CHEESE

A close friend of mine called me today on the phone. She was concerned about me as she could feel there was something wrong with me. It is so weird to see that women keep their sixth sense, isn't it?
So she went straight to the point saying: "OK! Now you tell me what's going on?" No need to say: "Hi, it's me..." nope she went straight to the point and her sharpness made me smile in spite of me. So I swallowed my saliva, cleared my voice and answered: "OK, I'm fine, really. Just a little bit of this and a little bit of that, but I'm fine!" and she replied: "Well, I see you're like a "melted cheese!"

Oh gosh, YES! This is exactly WHAT I am and how I feel. Not sure whether the name of the cheese is relevant but in any case I do feel like melted cheese.
We all have our limits and our consistency, but don't smile cause if you still don't know which is your cheese, you better start seriously thinking about it.

As far as I'm concerned I belong to the "French Gruyere family" the one with holes. This "perfumed" cheese is perfect for me: it fits me. Compact, soft, creamy, round, wide (not really my case but I can't describe a cheese saying tall, can I?) and with holes, cause holes are an important part of “gruyere”.
Call me silly if you like, but they are my favorite part of the cheese.
Don't smile cause holes taste differently from the rest, and you have to try it first to understand me.  

Anyway, my friend is right I am a melted cheese. 
Imagine a round, thick, consistent cheese being attacked by mischievous rays or beams which will weaken its strength and make it look like gelatinous dough. It is as simple as that. And what do people do with those poor melted things? Well the greediest will eat them but the rest will throw them with no consideration, without being aware that melted cheeses have feelings. Melted cheese can feel like shit!!! And that hurts like hell.

If you are a man, please keep laughing, but if you are a woman you are now able to put a name to this familiar state of mind. Don't you girls?
Now you know that each time you feed your family without being thanked, that each time you comfort a relative or a member of your family making it look quite normal, that each time you make your home cozy but invisible to other eyes, that each time you fill the fridge or empty the dish-washer making people think little fairies are responsible for it. Each time you do those insignificant and invisible things you are melting a little bit, and then comes a day when the poor cheese has melted. 

So, my dear dairy things start considering the fact that you might as well have to slow down and accept that you are no WONDER WOMAN cause you know what, just between you and me, SUPERMAN doesn't exist either ^_***.  

3 comments:

  1. How true - I "melted" recently too

    ReplyDelete
  2. and can I ask what kind of cheese you are ? ^_***

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catherine Bergdolt and Christine Tupin like this..
    Christine Tupin
    Pas trouvé Mon fromage...

    ReplyDelete