9 Feb 2012

MRS ALBERT NOBBS

It is a well-known fact that woman 's situation has changed a lot since the last two centuries; but have you ever heard about "sworn virgins"?
I am almost certain you haven't, and nor did I until I watched that revealing interview about "Albert Nobbs" - a fiction movie, starring Glenn Close and Janet McTeer.

Sworn Virgins are no invention.
They are real. As a matter of fact, there is a handful of them still alive, living in the innerlands of Albania, in very poor country areas.
They are men-like women who have taken the oath to remain chast and live a man's life - socialy though not sexualy - as this is the most practical solution for a shortage of men in their rural communities.

That is amazing!!! I was as staggered as you might be right now!!!
How can a woman live a whole life like a man? - trapped in a female body who is trapped in a men's world - ?

This is the story of Albert Nobbs,
A nice, little, red-hair man, who works as a waiter in the outstanding staff of the exclusive Morrison's Hotel, in Dublin, in the XIX century.
An invisible human being carrying the secret of a terrific burden!

Obviously I highly recommend the movie, Glenn Close and Janet McTeer are awesome and fabulous as men.
I am not going to add anything else but I would like to end my post with a quote of Drake:
"Being a male is a matter of birth, being a man a matter of age, but being a gentleman a matter of choice" and Mrs Albert Nobbs is a gentleman from head to toe.


No comments:

Post a Comment